Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Kristina's Challenge Dress

On a thrifting adventure with one of our editors and writers, Carissa, at the very end of the trip our friend Kristina challenged this dress. I took on the challenge. BTW hopefully if I can get some sewing time (!!!) there will be more information about our little shopping trip.
This dress was navy and white complete with a gold/black metal embellishment on the pointed collar all coupled with a built in peak-a-boo bodice. I used pink poly iDYE since the fabric was 100% polyester. I got a purple and fuchsia mix in the fabric. I used a pattern and converted the bottom skirt into a new long-sleeve top, something simple I could wear to work.

More pictures and information on the blog here.

Cheers,
Lauren

2 comments:

RanchHouse said...

It is amazing how much fabric some of the older dresses have. The new top should be a great addition to the work wardrobe.
Thanks for sharing.
Mary @ Ranch House EOD

Carissa said...

I remember this dress! You definitely worked some magic on it!

-Carissa