Thursday, July 30, 2015

Green, floral, stripes, and geometric

I am also inspired by the Refashion Runway, and will attempt to sew along (I decided against applying for participating, since I wasn't sure if I would have enough time for it).
So: Floral and Geometric or Stripes.

I once refashioned this little dress (that had stilised flowers in a striped pattern). I liked the shape and look of it, but not the colour.

I dyed it with Dylon for washing machine, in the colour Amazon Green. Much better.
(And my camera really don't like green. The colour is shown better in the following photos).

But I wasn't finished. I wanted to go down the geometric route, that only one of the participants partly also had chosen.
I had this cool ribbon in my ribbon stash, that my grandmother gave me. It is supposedly from the 60s or 70s. I sewed it to the neckline, the sleeves and the overskæring (where the bodice and the skirt meet).

I like it better now.
And with a pair of leggins, a thin wool cardigan and laced boots it is just right for the cold, rainy, autumny summer weather, we have had lately.
 (And if you look closely at the fabric, you can still see the flowers).



The Dylon packet had enough dye for 600 g of fabric. So I found some more items of clothing that deserved a freshen up.
All the colours on the clothing are slightly more bright, over into fresh grass green, in real life, but my camera just wont have the green.

A boring floral skirt, now a much more interesting green.

A button up shirt with yellow stripes. Yellow just isn't my colour. But green is.

Long sleeve T-shirt. It is a cotton/polyester mix, and as it turned out, the whites stripes were the polyester - and polyester don't take to the dye.
So now I have a nice green longsleeve with white stripes. Cool.

Short sleeve button up shirt. I liked it, but black/white is too harsh on me. Now a more douche GREEN.

Green green green greeeeeen, oh how I love green :-).

4 comments:

jennifer elliott said...

I'm with you! I love love love that color of green! So much better. Great job.

Jennifer Elliott, EOD

Jean said...

Now you have a bunch of lovely new green clothing pieces. Great job!

whatthesew said...

That lovely ribbon defines the dress now, its so different to the original, you've really made it your own.

RanchHouse said...

Love that you are sewing along. Your saves are such a pretty green.
I have found a floral and stripe that are good together. But I need a bit more stripe to make it work. I will need to add some store bought to what I have in the stash. I hope to share soon.
Mary @ RanchHouse